Where To Watch Fireworks This Weekend
Whether you are looking to take on a big show at Waterfront Park, or more of a neighborhood display, here’s the schedule for some of the bigger events in the area.
The Riverview Independence Festival is scheduled for Saturday at Riverview Park, with festivities beginning at 5 p.m. The event is free to the public and will feature live music from JD Shelburne, Sheryl Rouse and the Unlimited Show Band and Appalatin.
- Waterfront Park 4th of July celebration: July 4 starting at noon with fireworks at 10pm. Free concerts from artists like MojoFlo, Otis Jr., and more. The Catfish Louie Kids’ Area will be open from 5 until 7 p.m., and will feature pony rides, a petting farm, and putt putt.
- Crescent Hill’s Fourth of July Festival: July 3-4, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. at Crescent Hill Community Council Peterson Dumesnil House. There will be live music, food and beer booths, an art fair, a kids zone, and much more for everyone to enjoy. There will also be a fireworks display at 10 p.m. on July 4.
- Jeffersonville Celebrates Freedom Parade: July 4, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. The parade is set to take place between the 100 and 500 blocks of Spring Street. Organizers say the purpose of the parade is to celebrate American freedoms and to remember the men and women who serve in the United States military to ensure those freedoms.
- Paristown 4th of July: Paristown Arts and Entertainment District. Tickets start at $15 and guests can expect live music from The Crashers. A fireworks show will begin at 9:45 p.m.
- Belle of Louisville Fireworks Cruise: July 4, 8 to 10 p.m. The cruise will go up and down the Ohio and will offer visitors a chance to see fireworks displays all across the Kentucky and Indiana waterfronts. Snacks, drinks, and a full bar will be available during the cruise.
CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF FAMILY FRIENDLY EVENTS
WAVE3 is offering up some safety tips for the do-it-yourselfers:
1: Make sure your fireworks are legal!
2: Light fireworks one at a time.
3: Keep them away from yourself and others!
4: DO NOT try to relight a faulty firework!
5: Have water nearby to put out any rogue flames.
6: Don’t ever handle fireworks if you’re impaired!
7: Don’t let kids handle fireworks…and be cautious with sparklers.